New Video Card Needed! Dual VGA or DVI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD Dual 1GHZ 1.25gb RAM, G4 PowerBook 1.67GHZ, 2gb RAM
Hey everyone,

I've been struggling with an ongoing saga trying to hook up my two Viewsonic VA720 monitors to my Power Mac. One of them is connected via VGA connector to the stock Power Mac (Dual 1ghz MDD) video card which, according to lowendmac.com is an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro. I've run across a problem in that the VGA to ADC adapter boxes are expensive and hard to find. I decided I'd try to go another way by buying a new PCI video card to be able to connect both monitors via VGA or DVI.. (I have two VGA to DVI adapter cables).

If someone could recommend a video card that would allow me to do this I'd be MOST grateful. I've been struggling with this for months now and I'd really just like to be able to use both my monitors.

Thank You! :D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Look for the ATI Radeon 9200 Mac Pro - it is a PCI card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
Radeon 9200 is a good cheap card, but just go ahed and get the AGP Version. Just swap out your old 9000 and sell it. Most 9200's have a dual monitor port (DVI+VGA) and DVI to VGA converter is usually included if you need to run 2 vga monitors.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD Dual 1GHZ 1.25gb RAM, G4 PowerBook 1.67GHZ, 2gb RAM
Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.