GarageBand question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
Is there any way to put in my own loops?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I watched that before I asked the question.

I want to take a song, edit it, at put it in as a sample loop. It did not show me that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM
Hmmm been a long time since I used garage band, but I would suggest: 1.drag and drop or otherwise import the song you want, 2. do whatever editing you want to turn it into a loop, 3. "render to disk" or "export as" or "save as" or some such command which I would expect to be in the file menu, then you should be able to import it as a loop.

Hope it helps, I got rid of Garage band ages ago as it was taking up precious hard drive space, but I seem to remember it being quite powerful so you should be able to import your own loops.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm been a long time since I used garage band, but I would suggest: 1.drag and drop or otherwise import the song you want, 2. do whatever editing you want to turn it into a loop, 3. "render to disk" or "export as" or "save as" or some such command which I would expect to be in the file menu, then you should be able to import it as a loop.

Hope it helps, I got rid of Garage band ages ago as it was taking up precious hard drive space, but I seem to remember it being quite powerful so you should be able to import your own loops.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

What proggie are you using?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Yeah, I watched that before I asked the question.

I want to take a song, edit it, at put it in as a sample loop. It did not show me that.

You do it the same way, just drag and drop the song from iTunes into GarageBand (I thought that bit was obvious!) then follow the tutorial.

Amen-Moses

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You do it the same way, just drag and drop the song from iTunes into GarageBand (I thought that bit was obvious!) then follow the tutorial.

Amen-Moses

Didn't seem very obvious, I'll give it a shot tonite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

What proggie are you using?

Ableton Live and also Reason. Live would be the one I would recommend when you are ready to get more serious. That said, Garageband is a pretty powerful sequencer, especially for something they give you for nothing!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.