just got my first apple need help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
so i purchased an i book off of ebay last week got it in today. its an iBook g3 with 600mhz prosessor and i just put 256mb more ram in. it works great and im totaly happy with it. i had never used an apple before (except the old ones i used to play oregon trail on back in elementry school) so i have no idea what im doing. i wanted to try it out and already find os x easy to use. however i have no idea how to get the thing online. i want to get the airport card and base but for now i just wanted to plug it in and get it online. any sugestions on how i can do this? thanks for the help

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
oh i use cable through a cable modem. right now i have 2 pc's running off a router (not wireless), i have an extra plug i can hook the iBook to. will it work with the other two out of the same router?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yep just plug it in and your iBook should configure itself automatically

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
got it going, i cant believe how much im already liking os x compared to windows xp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
CJ064 said:
got it going, i cant believe how much im already liking os x compared to windows xp.
you may have had sight before, but now your eyes are truly open:mac:

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
the only other thing i cant figure out is, what takes the place of the right click on the mouse? like if you want to copy something, or save a picture, or right click and delete something. other than this i have prety much found everything i have been looking for with the iBook. i think my pc will start collecting dust now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yup, control + click is a sytem wide tool, its menu changes depending on the app your in, and some apps install their own contextual menu, which is the menu you get when you control click

G

General_K

CJ064 said:

Ain't it nice? :cool:

CJ064 said:
the only other thing i cant figure out is, what takes the place of the right click on the mouse? like if you want to copy something, or save a picture, or right click and delete something.

You can also plug in a 2 or 3 button mouse, and right-click with that like on a pc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.