Safari and javascript problem.

Reaction score
Hi, new here so be gentle.
The problem is using Safari 3.1.1, on Tiger and G5 Desktop, it loads pages so slow its driving me nuts.
I found out that disabling javascript fixed the problem and the pages now load as they should, except if a site is using Javascript buttons they don't work properly especially if they are text I can't even see them.
So what's going on between Safari and Javascript, I would like to enable Javascript and still have my pages load quickly.
Any help most appreciated.

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
It may also be the web service causing issue. Some banner advertisers use javascript to render the ad... until the server replies with the content, the rest of the page cannot load. It stinks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
Hi, new here so be gentle.
The problem is using Safari 3.1.1, on Tiger and G5 Desktop, it loads pages so slow its driving me nuts.
I found out that disabling javascript fixed the problem and the pages now load as they should, except if a site is using Javascript buttons they don't work properly especially if they are text I can't even see them.
So what's going on between Safari and Javascript, I would like to enable Javascript and still have my pages load quickly.
Any help most appreciated.

Dave
Did you try iCab <http://www.icab.de/> and its amazing filtering capabilities. On a site you go to everyday (like the "Dilbert" site), filtering out the crap and animations (crap is often javascript-related) enourmously speeds-up the rendering of the good stuff (like the Dilbert strip, free from its moving ads) FWIW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
I'm currently working on a site which I've been previewing in both Firefox and Safari - however, even though I am using both Javascript and CSS, the text links display correctly in Firefox but not Safari...

The Safari text links themselves do work but the mouseover actions associated with them (using CSS) do not BUT do in Firefox... hhmmnn

Depending on how I get on, I may have to post the associated site code on this forum for assistance.

^o^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.