Tips on how to get Apple to send me a new PowerBook

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help! The screen on my 12" PowerBook is on an angle really slightly. It's not crazy noticable but its definately tilted a bit, more black on the upper right than the left. I called Apple since I've only had it a week she said its a hardware issue and to bring it in for service. I called the store the guy said make a fuss and get Apple to replace it, but he said they'd probably replace it with a refurbished one. I don't see how they can do that but either way I want to get them to replace it with a new one since it wasn't cheap and it's defective. But I want advice on what I should do, what's the best way to get Apple to replace it, do I need to ask for a supervisor or what? Any tips!? Thanks guys!

Also, is there a software program maybe that will let me change advanced display settings and let me tilt the display or what not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They aren't going to replace it over 1 or 2 pixels

OP
E
Reaction score
It's not 1 or 2 pixels that wouldn't even be noticable. On the left the back is maybe 5 pixels and the right theres maybe 10, same with all the way down the right side of the display thers 5 pixels of black and towards the bottom about 10, then the right side of my dock about 5 pixesls are cut off all along the one side. They will have to replace it it's defective, if not i'd never buy an apple product again and i'd sell this thing and buy a PC.

V

VastDeathmaster

Did you buy the laptop at the Store, or did you order it in the mail? If it was sent to you, try taking a picture of the screen with a camera or digital camera and email a picture to Apple to show them the extent of the problem.

If you have had the computer for only a week, there should not be a problem replacing it with an identical new one, if the problem is as drastic as you say.

OP
E
Reaction score
I can try to do that, it's not DRASTIC as in everything looks crooked or anything but the point is I paid $2400 for this and it is defective. Whether they will fix it or not I can still return it for a refund. I purchased it over the apple website. Even if I have to pay the 10% restocking fee I'll gladly do it and then go and buy a PC. It's their choice whether they want to fix it or lose me as a customer.

R

Ryanstech

Where did you pay $2400 for a 12" PowerBook? For that price they should give you a new one and throw in an ipod

OP
E
Reaction score
It was $1898 from the apple store online, that was student price regular is $2098. Then I spent like $120 on 512mb ram to add to it, after 15% tax its $2400 roughly.

U

UnderOath

leemoreau said:
It was $1898 from the apple store online, that was student price regular is $2098. Then I spent like $120 on 512mb ram to add to it, after 15% tax its $2400 roughly.

you mentioned a student price.. im new to that, how does that deal work? As far as the replacement thing, i even bought a 3-year replacement plan for my iPod and Best Buy is giving me crap about it and apple certainly wont do anything so i feel your pain... let me know how it works out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
How old is it? Normally you have a 30-day return policy right? Call them (apple store), say you are returning it and never buying a mac again due to shabby workmanship.

Ask to speak to a supervisor, kick up a fuss and let him pacify you with the promise of a brand-new 12"er...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
threaten them to switch over to a dell - haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.