light water problems

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to this site and i need some help since all of the other forums seem dead. anyways i had spilled a light amount of water onto my keyboard, and during that time the mac just completely shut down? i had taken it to an apple store and they just quoted me 500 dollars to repair, and i know a logic board is not that inexpensive. so i take it to a local pc store to have my hard drive recovered but they could not recover it due to the hard drive being fried? I know my friend told me that the apple store only does repair on tears meaning there is a set price for everything, even if its something small. what do you guys think i should do. replace the hard drive and see if it works? or could it be some other damage that i do not know about? when the battery is plugged in the charging light works. please give me some ideas, in much need.... finals and all.:Evil:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
One your system is completely dry. I would try and run the hardware diagnostic disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.