• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

2nd post

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15inch mac bok pro fully giged and rammed
Hello-

Id like to meet several mac people. I edit video footage on my Mac Book Pro while travelling on a veggie powered bus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
well this is the place to meet mac people. :) and welcome to the M-F

Reaction score
Welcome - what an amazing concept. Where are you headed? How long are you going to be on the road? It will be good to hear reports from you now and then to see how things are going. Great way to see the country.

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
Hello-

Id like to meet several mac people. I edit video footage on my Mac Book Pro while travelling on a veggie powered bus.

Excellent!! A Vegetarian powered bus!

do you make em run in a big hamster wheel by dangling humus in front of them or do you grind them up and extract the energy that way??

Only kidding.:D :D

Is there any reason to your travels?

I ran my toyota 4runner on Bio diesel made from veg oil. Nasty smell on a cold morning but strangely enticing once it was warmed up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Welcome to M-F. This is definitely the place to meet Mac people. We're a ... OK, I have to ask ... how do you get a bus to run on veggies?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
businmotion,

My welcome to you along with the other members.

Neat idea! I love traveling and that's a terrific way to combine business with pleasure... And like others here, just how do you do that?

Noel

EDIT: I just watched your video at your web site. Very disturbing to see that there are people against everything, including your bio-diesel fuels. I hope you guys can get your message across and that one day we'll all be using something like your fuel to move our vehicles. We need pioneers like you to move the country in the right direction. Keep up the good work! N

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IN the UK, alternative fuels are becoming bigger and bigger due to the horrendous cost of our fuel.

But as the amount of Bio-diesel being made goes up, so does the cost of staple foods due to the fact that everyones growing oilseed rape (the yellow stuff) to turn into biofuel.

I stand to be corrected here but I'm sure that there was some research done into the are of oilseed grown to the amount of biodiesel produced and with our mor MPG efficient vehicles over here, the everage family would need 10 hectares of oilseed for a years usage..
A Hectare is 10,000m²
We would soon run out of space over here..

I'm not knocking bio fuels. I personally think they're good and have used them myself but hydrogen fuel cells are the way ahead that won't see a world food shortage..

:cues controversy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
J_K,

I should let businmotion speak for himself, but from what I got out of his video was that the bio-diesel was being made from wasted food, etc and not from newly grown products. You're right of course, the idea could go bad, just like the current use of corn and soy products and what has happened to our food costs as a result, but I would hope the idea of using wasted food, etc. could be used for this alternaative to oil.

Noel

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fair point Noels. I wasn't trying to speak for BIM though. Just debating biofuels in general really.
I enjoyed the "where to live in Europe" thread the other day and was hoping for a bit of intelligent conversation with someone who's really into the subject. It's difficult to get on some of the other forums I go to.

They say that the best WVO (Waste Veg Oil) to use is the stuff chinese restaurants use for their crispy fried duck. Seems to have more go in it than other WVO!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Welcome! If your ever in the Jackson, MS area send me a PM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.