New to Macs- similar program to paint?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
idk
is there a program i can use that comes on the imac (not sure what kind) that is similar to MS Paint, in the sense that it has the ability to easily:

crop
color
draw on
rotate
resize
change to negative, black and white, etc.

im sure there is but i am new to the imac i got it yesterday and i would like to use screenshots for another forum i go on to help users with imovie.

EDIT

thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Download NeoOffice - it has "Draw" in it. It is free and works good. Also has a word processor, database, spreadsheet program, etc.

OP
skate___board
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
idk
downloading it as we speak. thankyou very much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you want something simpler to do just what you mentioned, there's another free program called Seashore that's the closest program to Paint I could find. I typically use it for resizing and whatnot because its a small program that doesn't take much system resource.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Like he said, Neo Office is good. And so is Seashore, ive used both, and they are very easy to use. Not sure what else you want to use them for, but a great program, very similar to Photoshop, is a free program called Gimp. You can do pretty much anything with it. It's a great alternative to spending money on Photoshop... Since i dont know what kind of mac you have, or what your running on it, Im not sure if Gimp will work without installing other programs such as X11.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Check out SeaShore.

Very similar to MS Paint, has layering capability, and is based off GIMP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.