Photo viewer for the Mac? Need help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5/15.4/4G/250G/
Im a former Mac, former PC user who used ACDSee Pro for my photo viewing. Well, they dont make a Mac version so I need something. I cant seem to get a grasp on Apples iPhoto. Any help is appreciated. I dont need a free app. Ill pay for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Im a former Mac, former PC user who used ACDSee Pro for my photo viewing. Well, they dont make a Mac version so I need something. I cant seem to get a grasp on Apples iPhoto. Any help is appreciated. I dont need a free app. Ill pay for it.

I'm using Picasa (running under Crossover) because iPhoto was too inflexible and Picasa is now the only app I haven't convincingly replaced from my PC days.

You could just try QuickLook built into Leopard or Adobe Bridge that comes bundled with Photoshop Elements is good.

Reaction score
If it is just for viewing and not editing then adobe bridge is definitely the best software, most pro's use it bundled in with photoshop cs3 but as macbookpro joe says it does come with the cheaper elements programme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

Yeah... I was particularly partial to ACDSee Classic myself when I switched and at the time, nothing really suitably replaced it. Right now, I use Xee and ViewIt. Xee is the default I use for opening individual pictures/photos, and ViewIt I use for slideshows/browsing entire folders (via a context menu it adds). Between the two, I'm pretty satisfied.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I was an ACDSee user too, and although it's not as powerful, I like CocoViewX on the Mac. It's pretty decent and worth a look (you can't beat the price, either).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
Adobe Lightroom
Apple Aperture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You might wish to try Picture Arena. It is widely referred to as ACDSee for Macs. When you look at the website, you will see why. It has a remarkable GUI resemblance.

I don't use it myself, so I can't comment on whether it is a fairly good match for ACDSee, but I have read a lot of very favorable comments from other posters.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.