DMX lighting control

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
Does anyone use their mac for lighting bands using DMX control?

If you do, what interface do you use and what software?

I'm just interested in a potential project for my brothers band. The lighting guy looks way too busy and the results aren't fantastic. And he's got little bits of tape all over his DMX desk lol.

OP
J_K

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
I guess thats a no then :(

Reaction score
Free Simple DMX lighting control software for Mac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

miniStageConsole
A simple 24 channel memory light board with unlimited cue memory and manual or auto timed cross fades. It includes a command-line keyboard interface that uses commands similar to popular lighting consoles (ETC Express). This software is designed for conventional theatrical lighting. It works in a way that is easy to understand for a person who does theatrical lighting. It does not have features for moving lights, fancy chasing and nightclub-style control.

This software supports MIDI input so that you can use a MIDI control surface such as the BCF2000 to move faders and press buttons, or use show control programs such as QLab to command miniStageConsole.

Requires an http://www.Enttec.com DMX USB Pro interface that costs about $150.

Free download at http://www.chromakinetics.com/DMX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro * iPhone 3G
Have you tried Martin LightJockey yet? You need to purchase the cable interface but you can download the full version software from their site: Martin Entertainment

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.