iTrip, or any other FM transmitters

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I recently upgraded from an iPod Nano to an iPhone. I had a Griffin iTrip that I used while in the car with the Nano. I plugged it into my iPhone today and, to my surprise, it worked... until about 10 minutes later when my car speakers let out an awful buzzing/interference sound. It only lasted for a few seconds before going away, but it kept happening periodically (I assume, whenever I switched cell towers or it connected to EDGE to check my email).

Has anyone managed to find an FM transmitter that will not pick up that interference? I enjoy using my 45 minute commute to listen to audiobooks and would like to find a way to continue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Have a cassette player (old technology I know)?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Have a cassette player (old technology I know)?

Oh, I wish! My old car had one and I loved those cassette adapters. My current car only has a CD player, though, and no auxillary input jack, either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Well then I'm out. i dont have edge(verizon)but i use the VR3 with no issues. but its an audio in jack. I would wait for a second opinion before rushing out for one. Sorry I couldnt be more of a help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
In my truck I had iPod2Car installed. Every newer vehicle has an auxiliary port on the back of the deck, you just can't get to it without removing it. Check out Best Buy or Circuit City, they sell them in the car stereo department and they are vehicle specific. What's great about it is that it doesn't go off of the radio so you won't get any interference.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Check out http://www.logjamelectronics.com, they have iPod adapters for many late model cars.

I personally use a DICE i-HONDA-R3 integration kit with my 2007 Accord and it works great, it makes the radio think that the iPod is an XM radio, so you can even see the text display. http://www.diceelectronics.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - 24", 2.8 GHz Extreme, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD | iPod Nano 3G, 4GB
Check out http://www.logjamelectronics.com, they have iPod adapters for many late model cars.

I personally use a DICE i-HONDA-R3 integration kit with my 2007 Accord and it works great, it makes the radio think that the iPod is an XM radio, so you can even see the text display. http://www.diceelectronics.com

I have an '07 Accord as well. How is the sound quality? Sounds the same as if you were listening to a CD? Also, did you install it yourself or let Best Buy, etc. do it for you? Was there any drilling involved?

I'm very interested in getting the one you have.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have an '07 Accord as well. How is the sound quality? Sounds the same as if you were listening to a CD? Also, did you install it yourself or let Best Buy, etc. do it for you? Was there any drilling involved?

I'm very interested in getting the one you have.

Very simple, just need to take the pocket/bin out under the radio, the connector is under there. I did have to disconnect my factory XM radio permanently, but I don't use it, so that's not a biggie for me.

It's iPod integration, so the sound is perfect. You can also control the iPod from the stereo. There is no drilling, it's a very simple DIY. Instructions here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
Have you tried turning it to Airplane mode during your commute?

Reaction score
Yes i have the transmitter.

Has anyone managed to find an FM transmitter that will not pick up that interference? I enjoy using my 45 minute commute to listen to audiobooks and would like to find a way to continue.

Some time ago i bought the belkin FM Transmitter for my ipod. It worked fine, i bought an iphone last month and on a long drive discontent with the music on the radio i plugged in the iphone,, and voialla it worked perfect and still does the belkin is a great transmitter, with a strong signal and I've never experienced interference..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.