WPA Personal issue on MacbookPro

Reaction score
I try to connect to a wireless network using WPA, and am only able to connect after going through the Diagnostics dialogue boxes. When the computer tries to connect automatically using the saved password, it always gets the unable to connect error.

What am I missing here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Go into Keychain access and remove that key. Then login and save that key again.

OP
M
Reaction score
good idea, but

Thanks for that tip, but the same problem is still there.
I deleted the entry in keychain, as suggested, (and also ran all software updates again) now 2 weeks after buying this MB Pro, and still no easy WPA connection.
Arrrgh.
Any other suggestions, please!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Bummer. I haven't had any WPA issues, with the exception of forcing TLS through a LEAP connection at work. If you're up for it you can try trashing the pref, rebooting and seeing if recreating the connection works. It resolved an oddball ethernet issue on my MBP that was unsolvable even by doing an archive and install.

The one I'd try it with is

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

OP
M
Reaction score
Identity crisis

Thanks Mike for that tip... again, no luck.

I also should report that the MBP sees my network, and attempts to connect, getting the unable to connect error. When I navigate to the Preferred Networks list in SystemPrefs/Airport I find that the utility lists a WPA Enterprise connection and then a WPA personal connection. Does this mean anything to you?

Thanks, Michael

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.