Is there an auto-import for iPhoto?

Reaction score
I'm kind of a pack-rat when it comes to pictures. I save a LOT of stupid/funny pictures I come across on the Internet which I usually just dump to a folder on my desktop. Is there a way to set up iPhoto 08 to auto-import those photos whenever I open it up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Why use a folder when you can do it directly. If you right click a photo you should get the option to save to iPhoto automatically..
(This assumes safari 3.1 is being used )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Automater & Folder Action combo perhaps.

If somebody doesn't come up with a solution first, I need to find my iLife disc and get iPhoto on my Mac to see what the possibilities are and check back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
stupid double posting. thank the dogs for editing features.

OP
eon.
Reaction score
Why use a folder when you can do it directly. If you right click a photo you should get the option to save to iPhoto automatically..

omg, BRILLIANT! Why did I never see that option lol! thank you!!

Reaction score

Thanks from me as well! I have been been using the looonnnnggg method.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You're all very welcome ;)

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Auto-importing photos to iPhoto

When I googled "autoimport iPhoto" this thread is returned as the second result, but it doesn't provide a satisfactory solution to the original post. Until now.
This article from Macworld describes a drag-and-drop solution to batch-importing photos into iPhoto without repeatedly opening iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.