iTunes organizing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
Hi everyone :)

I recently started using iTunes Music Store again. I bought an album named "Hard Dance Mania vol. 12" its 2 cds with approx 20 songs on each. Here comes my problem. iTunes lists each of the songs as an individual album even though i have ticked the box next to compilation under song info.

What do you think i should do?

Its under windows if it makes any difference.

/LeAstrale - The new guy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly, but I'm going to answer as best I can.

Well, this is where it comes down to personal choice. Personally, I prefer to leave each song to have their individual artist, but then select all of the songs, and change the Album title to what the compilation is called.

I don't think that in this case the OS makes any difference.

hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can also use the album artist tag to corral all the tracks in to one artist - I assume its the artists not the album that is splitting - especially where the tracks have info like main artists feat. other artists.

Select the whole album and hit  i

in the collective info dialogue make sure the album field has one entry like Hard Dance Mania vol. 12

In the album artists field, NOT the artist field put in something like Hard Dance Mania

That should organise it all better

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
You can also use the album artist tag to corral all the tracks in to one artist - I assume its the artists not the album that is splitting - especially where the tracks have info like main artists feat. other artists.

Select the whole album and hit  i

in the collective info dialogue make sure the album field has one entry like Hard Dance Mania vol. 12

In the album artists field, NOT the artist field put in something like Hard Dance Mania

That should organise it all better

The problem is that its 42 different artists on 1 double cd album, it just really messes my iTunes library badly when viewing with covers. I have already tried marking all the songs and setting it as a compilation and also tried changing the name to the exact same album name on all of them. (Album Name is what i sort after mostly)

I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly, but I'm going to answer as best I can.

Well, this is where it comes down to personal choice. Personally, I prefer to leave each song to have their individual artist, but then select all of the songs, and change the Album title to what the compilation is called.

I don't think that in this case the OS makes any difference.

hope this helps!

I wouldn't know yet, haven't tried iTunes on a mac. I'm sure i'll love it, considering how much i like it on windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.