• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Super Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Hi everybody I have a 12" powerbook Super Drive and I was wondering if you could tell me how i burn a DVD, example: I want to make a backup copy of my favorite DVD movies. How do i burn the originals to make a copy? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

M

m1k

Or, a simplified version of that thread:

Download MacTheRipper, use it on your favorite DVD, you should now have a VIDEO_TS folder of your DVD wherever you ripped it to. Drag this VIDEO_TS folder into your inserted blank DVD finder window. Click the burn button beside the disk on the lefthand side, and your DVD will start burning. You can use this DVD in any DVD player.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
m1k said:
Or, a simplified version of that thread:

Download MacTheRipper, use it on your favorite DVD, you should now have a VIDEO_TS folder of your DVD wherever you ripped it to. Drag this VIDEO_TS folder into your inserted blank DVD finder window. Click the burn button beside the disk on the lefthand side, and your DVD will start burning. You can use this DVD in any DVD player.
Thanks a lot!

W

Wapa18

m1k said:
Drag this VIDEO_TS folder into your inserted blank DVD finder window. Click the burn button beside the disk on the lefthand side, and your DVD will start burning.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that this doesn't work. anyone? (i just don't want anyone wasting a blank dvd)

M

m1k

Nope, I've burned a few DVDs myself using this method, and it works just fine for me...

Does it not work for you?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.