• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Interivew: 60 mins with CWA107

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Lets all meet and greet our new mod cwa107 and throw a few questions at him. I am sure everyone like to pretend to be journalist's so here you go. Once in a lifetime chance to interview cwa107.

RULES: lets keep it sane. No questions direct or indirect which will reveal his physical location. Please be considerate and nice. ALL mac-forums rules apply.You can ask any number of questions. Its up to cwa107 to answer or ignore your questions and you dont have the right to know why.

Let me first start by welcoming our new moderator cwa107.

1) Hello sir, Congratuations.how you doing today?

2)You must be certainly excited when you woke up this morning to find out that you are the chosen one to join the elite group of moderators in the m-f's. What was your first reaction to see the news post by our admin schweb?

3) Tell me a little bit about the reason to join this forum when you did almost a year and half ago. Did you join here seeking help regarding the Apple product you owned?

4) Did you happen to learn a lot during this period in this forum?

5) What is your fav color and number?

6) If your friend happened to be stuck somewhere on the road with a flat tyre and no spare tyre, he calls you for help and at the same time someone in here really needs to get on the internet so they can submit their paper before the deadline (lets say the deadline is 30mins away) but their mac is acting up and wudnt connect to the net. Somehow he managed to get on this forum from his iphone and posted this question seeking help urgently. How would you handle this situation? **wink**

7)Do you snore when you sleep or tell us something usual or unusual you do while sleeping?

8) At what age you learnt about MAC and were you a PC user before you switched to mac? Do you still use PC's?

9) I hear rumors that you are hitting on a certain *girl with a cat* here, is this true? Did you happen to fight with fellow forum members over that *girl with a cat*? :))

10) Do you really like living in PA? what would it take to make you move to Cupertino,CA?

11) were you smiling when you were alone thinking abt how sweet it is to be a mod in here?

12) Do you follow any American or International sport? if yes what are those and how closely you follow?

13) Are you scared of ghosts?

14) Did you ever pee in your pants watching a scary movie?

15) Fav movies and bands?

Congratulations again and thanks for coming in for this interview. Peace.

Note for admin and other mods: Anything Goes seem to be the most popular subforum than news and community announcements so gimme a break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am confused

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Wow, I didn't even notice. Congrats CWA107!

Reaction score
I actually just noticed today. His name was bold on the bottom. Struck me as odd.

1.) Whats it like?

2.) Exactly how many new buttons do you get as a mod?

3.) What are there exact uses?

4.) When I edit a post, can you tell what I edited? Even if it does not say that I made an edit on the bottom?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Well, congrats CWA107.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
ohhhh!!

congrats cwa107!!

I didnt' even notice.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
*tries to see, if cwa107 and mojonandha IP adresses are the same*

Hmmm....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
cwa... congrats man. Well Deserved.

OP
mojonandha
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
I actually just noticed today. His name was bold on the bottom. Struck me as odd.

1.) Whats it like?

4.) When I edit a post, can you tell what I edited? Even if it does not say that I made an edit on the bottom?

Good questions. I gues i am the only doofus here :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
congrats man. its well deserved. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Lets all meet and greet our new mod cwa107 and throw a few questions at him. I am sure everyone like to pretend to be journalist's so here you go. Once in a lifetime chance to interview cwa107.

RULES: lets keep it sane. No questions direct or indirect which will reveal his physical location. Please be considerate and nice. ALL mac-forums rules apply.You can ask any number of questions. Its up to cwa107 to answer or ignore your questions and you dont have the right to know why.

Let me first start by welcoming our new moderator cwa107.

1) Hello sir, Congratuations.how you doing today?

Peachy. I'm at work on a Monday morning - how else would I be? ;)

2)You must be certainly excited when you woke up this morning to find out that you are the chosen one to join the elite group of moderators in the m-f's. What was your first reaction to see the news post by our admin schweb?

Actually, it was yesterday afternoon my time ;)

3) Tell me a little bit about the reason to join this forum when you did almost a year and half ago. Did you join here seeking help regarding the Apple product you owned?

No, actually my first visit was on a Dell. I was interested in OS X and came here to see what the community was like. I've always enjoyed the camaraderie here, so after I bought my first MBP, I decided to stay.

4) Did you happen to learn a lot during this period in this forum?

Absolutely. My experience before my latest foray into Macs was limited to classic Mac OS 7 & 8 during my high school and college years. Prior to that, I was a big Commodore Amiga fan, later progressed into the Windows world.

5) What is your fav color and number?

Green for the color. I don't know that I have a favorite number - should I?

6) If your friend happened to be stuck somewhere on the road with a flat tyre and no spare tyre, he calls you for help and at the same time someone in here really needs to get on the internet so they can submit their paper before the deadline (lets say the deadline is 30mins away) but their mac is acting up and wudnt connect to the net. Somehow he managed to get on this forum from his iphone and posted this question seeking help urgently. How would you handle this situation? **wink**

Hafta be honest - my buddy stuck in the real life, dangerous situation would come first.

7)Do you snore when you sleep or tell us something usual or unusual you do while sleeping?

As the parent of 2 children, one just a month old and the other a 3 year old, I spend quite a bit of time changing diapers.

8) At what age you learnt about MAC and were you a PC user before you switched to mac? Do you still use PC's?

I first touched a Mac in Junior High School and wasn't particularly impressed with them until OS X. As I mentioned before, I was a big Amiga fan back in the day and the Amiga made the contemporary Mac look like a tinker toy. These days, I work as a network administrator for a Fortune 500 company. I administer an almost exclusively Windows network and hold several Microsoft and other industry-standard certifications. My Mac is primarily my home machine, although it does go to work with me daily and help out on occasion.

9) I hear rumors that you are hitting on a certain *girl with a cat* here, is this true? Did you happen to fight with fellow forum members over that *girl with a cat*? :))

I'm a happily married man with two kids and a mortgage. Not looking to hit on anyone.

10) Do you really like living in PA? what would it take to make you move to Cupertino,CA?

Not terribly interested in leaving the East Coast as I've always lived here.

11) were you smiling when you were alone thinking abt how sweet it is to be a mod in here?

I hadn't really thought about it until the opportunity was made available. I like the community here and have always enjoying helping others with technical issues. That's why I do it for a living.

12) Do you follow any American or International sport? if yes what are those and how closely you follow?

No. Professional sports bore me to tears. I would only be interested if the athletes were only paid when they won. Otherwise, the amount of money they are paid to essentially do nothing makes me sick.

13) Are you scared of ghosts?

Uh, yeah.

14) Did you ever pee in your pants watching a scary movie?

Not that I can recall - at least not since I've been potty trained.

15) Fav movies and bands?

The Shawshank Redemption is one of my all-time favorites. I like Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Led Zepplin and Counting Crows. My music taste is fairly varied although I do tend to lean toward classic rock. Not really big into rap/hip-hop or country.

Congratulations again and thanks for coming in for this interview. Peace.

Note for admin and other mods: Anything Goes seem to be the most popular subforum than news and community announcements so gimme a break.

Sure. How much do I get paid per question again? ;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

1.) Whats it like?

Pretty cool so far.

Just a few - actually, it doesn't look all that different from what you see.

Mostly thread tools - like being able to move threads around, merge them and modify them.

Not that I know of.

Reaction score
Pretty cool so far.

Just a few - actually, it doesn't look all that different from what you see.

Mostly thread tools - like being able to move threads around, merge them and modify them.

Not that I know of.

Just a hint of what its like to be on top of the world ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I got a question for you- Have you given Muse a listen to after I told you to? I keep forgetting to ask. :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
congrats man!

i don't envy your new, mostly thankless job... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Congrats man!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.