Connecting a G3 to an iMac?

Reaction score
Is it possible to connect a G3 to an iMac???

Thanks in advance for your direction!

Reaction score
Generally yes, but we need a lot more information. What G3 is it, an ibook, imac, etc? And what iMac is it, G3, G4, an intel?

Most importantly, what OS is on each computer?

Are both computers on the same network?

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick feedback :)

The following is the hardware/software config or both computers; I was incorrect in my original post:

1/ Mac: 20" G5 (2.1 GHZ) running 10.4.11
2/ PowerMac G4 (Sawtooth) running (I believe) 10.3.x

I am in the process of installing a wireless router however that is the only manner in which they will be networked.

Thanks again,
David

Reaction score
Ok, then it shouldn't be a problem. Once you get the wireless router working and set up open a finder window. On the left side panel there should be an option that says Network. Once you click on it you'll see a list of the other computers on your network. Select your other Mac and press the connect button.

If you sign in as guest than you'll only be able to access the user's Public folder of the other Mac. If you have the user name and password for the other Mac then you can sign in as Registered User and have access to all the files.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the input however I very was unclear regarding what I want to accomplish.

I want to use the iMac as the G4's monitor. Would someone know if that was possible?

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation...the ports on the iMac did not look very encouraging.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.