Database software (MS access)

Reaction score
I used to use microsoft access on windows, but now im on mac I have no alternative and I dont think there is a MS access for a mac?

Can you recommend me some database software that I can run on my mac?

thanks.

Reaction score
I had the same problem except I went from Windows to Linux and then Mac. I took my Access database, saved it as an .xls file. Then inported it into (I would suggest NeoOffice) still as an .xls file. Then re-save it as a database file (I use db). Then design the database form you want. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I suppose it would depend on what you're doing with your database. You could look at Bento or it's more powerful relative Filemaker Pro. There's also MySQL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Like Dysfunction said

Bento is from Filemaker and is a database app and a very good one. Filemaker Pro is the more heavy weight version.

It depends on what you need but they should meet your needs

Both apps come from a company that used to be owned by Apple - so expect good design and ease of use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
happily they both have a 30 day free trial too :) Forgot to mention that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.