Using projector with MacPro laptop running Windows XP

Reaction score
I have just bought a 17" MacPro Laptop with 10.5 operating system on it. I have partitioned hard drive as 200 GB for Mac and 50 GB for Windows usng bootcamp. I have no difficulty using projector with laptop in Mac operating system but I have some software that only works on Windows and I installed XP Professional on the windows portion of the hard drive. I am unable to get the laptop to send the output to the projector so I can show it on a screen. Does anyone know what the problem is or how I can get it to operate?
Thanks for any help!
John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
do you have a windows control pannel item called something like "intel xxxx accelerator"? if so there are settings you can change in there to run a projector

OP
J
Reaction score
trying to use lcd projector with windows on Mac Pro

I am using a Sharp PG-C45X "Notevision" projector and it works great with a Mac version of Microsoft Power Point. The Power Point program shows one picture on my laptop screen and a different one on the projector. I can even select which one I want the audience to see. Everything works fine as long as I am in the MAC 10.5 operating system. When I switch to the windows XP operating system I cannot get an image sent to the LCD projector. I have gone into Windows Control Panel, selected Display and then Settings. I am able to specify two monitors and I am able to get the laptop monitor to identify itself as "1" and the LCD to project the image "2" but that is all that is shown by the LCD projector. No picture, just the identification "2". I did not find "Intel xxxx accelerator" in the Control Panel and the Mac Pro uses a "NVidia" hardware which I presume is a graphics card. I really need some help on this as I am teaching a class that require the use of some software that is only written for windows operating system.

Reaction score
NVIDIA Control Panel

Have you tried the NVIDIA control panel icon - within control panel and multiple displays there?
I had the exact same problem and when I slected multiple displays there, in NVIDIA settings, it let me select laptop display + detected external display and Apply = Voila... finally success

Reaction score
If its anything like doing it on an iMac.
1: Plug projector in and turn on.
2: Right click desktop, select NVIDIA Control Panel.
3: Make sure its on Advanced Settings.
4: Click Run Multiple Displays Wizard.
You may find you need to change resolutions and multiple display modes after to get what your looking for.

There is also an issue with some NVidia GPU and Adapter combinations that will result
in only 640 x 480 output with a stupid scrolling effect for higher resolutions, the solution to this seems to be to run the Bootcamp 3.1 update with the adapter plugged in EVEN if this update has been run previously without the adapter plugged in, don't ask me why but it works...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
If the laptop displays the 1 and the projector displays the 2, then it is working. You are likely in expanded desktop mode, which means you have to drag a window or something onto the 2nd display. Or you could turn on clone display mode and have the projector and laptop display the exact same thing.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First off, this is a very old thread that was responded to. However, rebecca_99 is correct in that the nVidia control panel must be used. The projector and internal display can be controlled and switched from there.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.