• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Grand Theft Auto IV pokes fun at Apple fans, Macs, and iPhones in clever ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/grand-theft-auto-iv-five-cool-secrets/1209944

Fruit computers

Head for one of the Tw@ internet cafes, and point your in-game web browser to www.fruitcomputers.com. You'll be greeted with a sparse, suspiciously familiar web page advertising fruit-shaped computers - an obvious parody of Apple. There's even a banana-shaped iFruit phone. ("No buttons. No reception. No storage capacity. All ego.")

apple1.jpg

apple2.jpg

I guess everyone gets a kick out of making fun of Apple products. Funny though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo
lol!! ahh well, rockstar have parodied quite a few brands over the years! I wouldnt get offended by them! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
hahahahahaah I LOVE IT!

Reaction score
thats awesome, i have to spend a bit more time in the internet cafe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That's pretty funny. Sounds like a great game. Wish I played console games, because I'd be on it! Think they'll ever have a PC version (of the online game)?

OP
mojonandha
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
That's pretty funny. Sounds like a great game. Wish I played console games, because I'd be on it! Think they'll ever have a PC version (of the online game)?

They would like earlier verions of this game but to get the same graphic capability as ps3 or xbox we would need a faster and better CPU and GPU. So guess we wont see the PC version anytime soon.

/I might get a ps3 just to play nfs, this game and all sports games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
You're playing a game where you're using a computer to browse the internet....

What's next? playing a game in which you're on a computer playing a game?

There's some levels of depth here that I can't even begin to comprehend.

These images are quite funny though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Yea, you can watch TV too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

There's some levels of depth here that I can't even begin to comprehend.

These images are quite funny though!

LOL you guys have just too much time on your hands!

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
GTA 4 is great!! I don't mind them poking fun at Apple! It's just another form of promotion. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I LOVE THAT! Thats really clever.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

That was done many moons ago - I believe you could play video games within Duke Nuke'em 3D. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
They would like earlier verions of this game but to get the same graphic capability as ps3 or xbox we would need a faster and better CPU and GPU. So guess we wont see the PC version anytime soon.

Umm, Computers have far superior graphics and CPU's than any console ever dreamed of. They wait to release the PC version to jack up the sells of the console version.

Reaction score
Umm, Computers have far superior graphics and CPU's than any console ever dreamed of. They wait to release the PC version to jack up the sells of the console version.

Haha, just try and put Cyrsis in your 360 ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Haha, just try and put Cyrsis in your 360 ;)

Actually there is an xbox version coming but...

Crytek has confirmed that a 360 version of Crysis is in development. It should be noted, however, that the game will not be a port of the PC version, but rather an entirely new game built from the ground up. The reasoning for this decision, according to the devs, is that the PC game simply couldn't run on an Xbox 360. Given that the title uses many of the advanced features of DirectX 10 (the 360 uses DirectX 9), this isn't too surprising -- although the explanation contradicts earlier statements from the developers. The game will reportedly share many elements with its PC counterpart, but contain entirely different graphics and gameplay.

I think it would be better for PS3 over Xbox because the PS3 has better graphics and CPU.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2 Duo Core.. 120 GB HD.. 3 GB Ram
That was done many moons ago - I believe you could play video games within Duke Nuke'em 3D. ;)

/sighs/ Ahh, back when games made sense ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' MBP, Mac minis x3, Power Mac G4 (AGP), 13'' White MacBook, eMac
looks sorta like a modern revision of the G4 cube

Reaction score
I just picked up a PS3 being EA Games does not offer NHL 07 or 08 on wii which I picked up for my wife. So I started looking into Xbox and PS3 so to anyone who is thinking of getting a console for gaming keep a few things in mind. Xbox to start is microsoft LOL 1st X but what I really did not like about the Xbox is you have to pay 60 dollars a year for online gaming which is free with ps3 and you have to buy a 100 dollar adaptor for wifi or hardwire connection to the net which is in the ps3 when you buy it. Price wise the PS3 is higher but keep in mind you are getting a Blue ray player too also being the PS3 uses blue ray the game disks have alot more content
vs xbox's format.
Now dont get me wrong there are a lot of xbox users who are very happy with there units but searching on the net before dropping $400 It seemed that ps3 had a better cpu I have been told better graffix but I honestly did not see it.
But hands Down the grafx's I have seen form the unit so far (owned it 4 days now) blows me away and I dont think my mac book could handle it.

Gaming has really blown me away the last system I owned (other then wifes wii) was Super nintendo when 16 bit was the hot thing LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.