Display Customization

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB, Bootcamp 3.0
I'm considering purchasing a 17-inch Macbook Pro (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...9944000/wo/tW6rJLAejxYy245zYI2TdXlaJsB/4.?p=0) and I'm looking for some recommendations concerning the customization. Primarily, I'd like to know if the glossy or anti-glare display would be a better choice. I will be using the laptop in situations where some glare will be produced during the day, but I'm also an avid gamer so I would like a nice display. I'm also curious why a processor upgrade of .1 Ghz costs an extra $250, I know it's difficult to fit everything into these laptops but does such a small difference in processor speed really warrant such a price change? I don't know much about the technical details of processor speeds, is it actually a larger difference than it appears?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I would get the glossy display...
When I got my computer, I wanted a matte display, but I forgot to ask and they gave me a glossy... I'm glad I did not take it back, this screen is amazing!! Glare is not that bad and picture really come to life. Oh yea.. and it's great for gaming too. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.