Do Macs support other Mice/Keyboards?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB, Bootcamp 3.0
I am considering purchasing a Mac but I can't seem to overcome my distaste for the Mightymouse and Keyboard when it comes to gaming. Things that bug me are:

-Squeezing the Mouse (this this the only side button and requires some effort, tapping a button with the thumb or pinkie is MUCH easier)
-Scrolling Wheel (It's not bad for web browsing but it's too small and sensitive to bind to a function in a game)
-Pressing the left & right mouse buttons simultaneously does not provide a unique function (I find this very useful in some games)
-The Apple key can not be bound to any function so it only gets in the way while gaming

I was wondering if any other keyboards or mice are supported by Macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
as long as they are usb they will work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
yes, I am currently using a Microsoft wireless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Yes, all mices work.

You shouldn't get a keyboard that isn't designed for Mac though, only get you trouble with keymappings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yes, all mices work.

You shouldn't get a keyboard that isn't designed for Mac though, only get you trouble with keymappings.
The only keys that are normally mapped different are the windows & alt keys. You can easily correct that under the system preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moved to correct forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
The only keys that are normally mapped different are the windows & alt keys.
At least on Norwegian keyboards, a lot of other keys are differently placed on Win and Mac keyboards...keys like '|\@

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Sure you can. A lot of companies are making Mac-geared keyboards and mice now. Here's mine for example.

1965.1.0.jpg

Reaction score
You can disable or reconfigure the Mighty Mouse side buttons too. I had to disable them because I'm kind of ham-fisted and was constantly invoking my Dashboard at the wrong time. Younger, more hip and more coordinated users probably don't have that problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I didn't even know the side buttons did anything on the new mice. On the old apple mice you held the side tabs to keep the mouse click pressed down when you picked up the mouse.

I guess I should check out the mighty mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
At least on Norwegian keyboards, a lot of other keys are differently placed on Win and Mac keyboards...keys like '|\@
Ah - I see :)

On german and British keyboards there's probably a few differences like that as well..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The location of some keys tend to change by keyboard manufacturer too, like |, ~, etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.