problem with mac

Y

YO5NG

hi all i m a graphic design student

just recently i purchased a powerbook 12 inch superdrive from apple .
i had bought new software for it like quarkxpress 6.1, reason 2.5, abode creative suite c.s. And also i just purchased additional memory (512mbs) form cruical.com.

heres the problem i was watching a dvd on my powerbook while i was doing my coursework it was 30mins into the dvd and the next thing is my laptop goes all dead . i thought it shutown due 2 the battery being drained so i left it to recharge for a couple of hours but the battery wouldn't charge i thought it had something to do with the memory i got so i removed it and try to switch on the laptop but nothing happened so i thought my laptop had gone . i knew that i didn't miss use it so i thought it was a design flaw with using new parts cause i heard about the problems that apple had with the 15inch laptop battery . so i decided to wait until monday when i could phone mac and report the problem. but out of chance i thought of trying to switch on my mac and see if it works and it did it was working again

i cant seem to work out if it was the memory ,overheating or a design

has anybody encountered this problem yet with there new powerbooks

OP
T

The mac 13

YO5NG said:
hi all i m a graphic design student

just recently i purchased a powerbook 12 inch superdrive from apple .
i had bought new software for it like quarkxpress 6.1, reason 2.5, abode creative suite c.s. And also i just purchased additional memory (512mbs) form cruical.com.

heres the problem i was watching a dvd on my powerbook while i was doing my coursework it was 30mins into the dvd and the next thing is my laptop goes all dead . i thought it shutown due 2 the battery being drained so i left it to recharge for a couple of hours but the battery wouldn't charge i thought it had something to do with the memory i got so i removed it and try to switch on the laptop but nothing happened so i thought my laptop had gone . i knew that i didn't miss use it so i thought it was a design flaw with using new parts cause i heard about the problems that apple had with the 15inch laptop battery . so i decided to wait until monday when i could phone mac and report the problem. but out of chance i thought of trying to switch on my mac and see if it works and it did it was working again

i cant seem to work out if it was the memory ,overheating or a design

has anybody encountered this problem yet with there new powerbooks

send it to the shop that u bought it..thats apple prob.. wait.. r u using the 12" or 15"? 15" batts got prob due to over heating.. nothing of that sort taht u explain

OP
M

m1k

Try removing the battery and seeing if it will boot up (press the silver power button above and to the right of the keyboard.)

If it won't boot up, even with the battery removed, I'd say it was either a logic board failure or a Power Management Unit failure.

If booting without the battery doesn't work, try calling Apple Monday, say what they say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.