Frustrated with iSquint?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook "Early 2008" White, Penryn 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb RAM, 160gb HD Superdrive
Okay.
So after i downloaded iSquint, it became an icon on the desktop, and acts as if it were an external device.

When i eject it, where does it go?
Can i delete the iSquint1.5.2.dmg file?
Why isn't it an app that can go on the dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm guessing you don't know how to install applications in OS X?

Double click the dmg file to get that "external device" and drag the iSquint icon inside to your Applications folder. If you want it on your dock, then drag the iSquint icon from your Applications folder down to the dock.

Once you've installed the applications, you can delete the dmg file and eject the "external device" icon.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook "Early 2008" White, Penryn 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb RAM, 160gb HD Superdrive
Okay.
After i dragged the iSquint "device" from the desktop to my Applications folder under Macintosh HD, i deleted the dmg file and ejected iSquint, but when i tried to open it from the Applications folder, it says it could not find the original file?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i did some research and i guess i have a "Disk Image" of iSquint? How do i get rid of this and just keep it as an app like all the rest on my dock?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You click on the Disk Image and it opens. Inside is the Application. That is what you drag to your Applications Folder. Then throw the Disk Image in the trash and it will un-mount. Then you can trash the DMG.

If you still have problems let us know.

My pic below is inside the Disk Image that mounts on your desktop. See the iSquint Icon? Drag that to your Applications folder.

DO NOT drag the Disk Image to the Applications folder!

Picture 1.jpg

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You click on the Disk Image and it opens. Inside is the Application. That is what you drag to your Applications Folder. Then throw the Disk Image in the trash and it will un-mount. Then you can trash the DMG.

If you still have problems let us know.

My pic below is inside the Disk Image that mounts on your desktop. See the iSquint Icon? Drag that to your Applications folder.

DO NOT drag the Disk Image to the Applications folder!

oh okay. thank you!
my problem is fixed. i should've known better haha.
and a final question,
how come iSquint doesn't have a red "x" on the top left? its greyed out..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
But you can still download and use them for now. Hopefully they'll keep working under Snow Leopard, but nobody knows what's going to happen after that. So we have at least a couple more years to use iSquint and VisualHub

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed completely with Kash but I still feel it's such a shame they shut down. It's an excellent piece of software and will be sadly missed. Here is hope it works in Snow Leopard!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Okay, that makes me feel better for not buying VisualHub...

Then again, I have Toast, which does pretty much the same thing anyway...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.