Bootcamp: Unable to continue windows install?

Reaction score
Hi folks, hope you can help.

What I have done:
1) Ran Bootcamp assistant.
2) partitions my iMac Harddrive using the assistant to read:
Macintosh HD 299 GB, and Windows XP 50 GBs
3) I insert the windows Professional SP2 cd
4) Click on Start Installation on Bootcamp Assistant
5) System reboots, and the blue Windows Setup screen comes up
6) I select from the list of available partitions the c: Drive marked by boot camp FAT32)
7) File copying occurs, and then windows wants to reboot

Here is the issue:
8) When the syteem reboots (Windows CD still in) the prompt in dos comes up asking to "...boot from cd press any keey.."

---> If I select this the CD is read and the the whole Blue Screen setup process starts all over again (i.e. endless loop)

---> If do not press a key, the I get disk error, press any key to restart. Key Pressing does nothing....

I have tried the option KEY being held down and selecting the CD, and I have tried selecting the windows partition.

No success, what am I missing or doing wrong?

iMAC 24 inch, Intel 2.8 Extreme 2GB RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2

Thanks in advance

OP
Paladine
Reaction score
NVM, I was a total Noob.... I had to format the HD to NTFS, because FAT won't handle anything about 32 GB... doh!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Paladine,

You may have already installed Windows, but if you haven't, consider partitioning at 32GB and using FAT32 so you'll be able to transfer files between OS X and Windows. If you use NTFS, at least for now, you won't be able to do that.

Noel

Reaction score
I have the same install loop problem and i did convert it to NTFS but it still will loop the install

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Don't choose Convert to NTFS, choose Format NTFS. Not quick format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.