MBP randomly wakes from sleep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 3rd gen 2.4 GHz, 256 vid 4gb ram 250 hdd
I have a new MBP that randomly wakes from sleep when I plug it in to a power source. I haven't been able to figure out why and when it does it - it seems sporadic. Right as you plug in the magsafe and it lights green or red, the apple glows and you can tell the screen is on, then ~3 seconds later it goes back into sleep.

Then, after you open the lid, you'll have to put in your password twice in order to get back to the OS (e.g. I put in password, hit return, then the password box just pops up again and I enter it again and it lets me on).

Not sure what happens if you don't have a password. I'm on Leopard and current on updates. Anyone else experienced this?

Reaction score
same here

Well i dont have a MBP but i have a PowerBook G4 15' and it does the same thing evin when its not Pluged in to the Power Source and when i sleep the Displays it wakes them up after 10 Seks but when i close then open and then put it in to sleep it doesent wake up inless i hit a Key or Something

Reaction score
if you have any sort of BT devices connected to the computer, make sure you uncheck the box that allows bluetooth devices to wake the computer from sleep

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.