Upgrades

B

binkinator

Can you upgrade the processor pf G4's? I am going to buy a G4 for gaming and want to know if it is ok to buy like a 733 or 800 mghz processor or less if i want to play Call Of Duty or Unreal Tournament 2004???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Sonnet is one manufacturer that makes upgrade processors for the G4's. Go to the site and enter the info about your system and it will list the available products for your machine.

http://www.sonnettech.com/default.html

OP
B

binkinator

a response yaaaaaaaaaaa

ok thanks i will do that do you know if they are sufficient or have you delt with them personally???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I have a Quicksilver 733 is pretty slow since it doesn't have a L3 cache. I installed the Encore/st 1ghz in it and got a pretty good increase in speed for a few dollars ($218). I didn't want to put many $ into it… I would kinda like to get a G5, but can't afford it at this time.

Sonnet has several processor speeds, as well as, a dual processor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.