Why I switched

dfb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 inch. 2.4ghz
About 3 years ago, My custom built XP machine got a NASTY VIRUS.. I Had to reformat the hard drive.. I lost my Dad's Birthday Pics,Income tax records etc... Music and movies..About 1 week later I shut the Computer off and got this message..."PTAWIA NOT RESPONDING!!!!!!!!!!".. I Did not care if it was responding.... SHUT OFF I got so angry, I went and bought an Apple "Powerbook" 1.67... The more I used it, the happier I was with the Apple product.. I sold the XP machine and last week just bought the new 24 inch IMAC...I have come to the conclusion that Windows is Broke and cannot be fixed..I started with MS-DOS and Windows 95.. Who can Forget ..."Fatal exception occured in kernal 122552 and Module XOFF?"... I said , ok. you know what's wrong now fix it...Then I bought WIN 98... Remember what the box said?? " The latest, the greatest, you are going to be amazed at all you can do"... I thought, after I bought it, I just paid 100.00 for "Desktop Themes".... Then WinME.... don't get me started!!! Well, Win 2000 Pro was most likely the best of the JUNK...Xp....???? Now Vista.... Another Buggy, JUNKIE operating system from MR. Gates...I have come to the realization that Gates sells us the SAME CAR, only in a different color!!! Remember the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley".. Jobs says at the end, "Bill, ours is better", and Bill's reply was, "You don't get it, it does not matter"... Well, I wrote MS and said, Well guess what Bill??? " IT DOES MATTER!!!"....no more MS JUNK in this house... Thanks Apple!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Glad to hear you are enjoying the world of Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Glad your enjoying your Mac! You will continue too more and more as you discover more things you can do with it, there are endless possibilities especially with the ability to run windows on your Mac (god forbid!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Um okay. What an experience you must have had. Welcome to our humble community :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4gHz, iTouch, MBP 2.5gHz
I'm not sure how you feel about MS and Windows!!! Can you let us know how you REALLY feel??? Just kidding!!! Going back to the days of DOS, there was a version 4.01 that was a real turkey. I have a stinking feeling that in the future, Vista will be remembered as the GUI version of DOS 4.01.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Another satisfied customer... ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
Similar experiences here man :) Happy owner of a Macbook Pro now, no issues here, pictures are safe :)

T

tux08902

Well, that's one loud reason to switch. I never switched. I just picked up a MacBook Pro because I needed a laptop with a Unix. I never use a non-Unix operating system for everything else other than gaming. I've been using Linux on my desktop for the past five years, but Linux limits your choices quite a bit for laptops and wireless compatibility. I also wanted longevity, and the PC world moves a little too fast to allow this. So, Mac it is.

Reaction score
Ive just realised that as well, i may be switching
but they seem to make it worse every time *cough*Vista*cough*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
I just wanted to enjoy spending time using the machine, rather than spending time updating and maintaining the machine. And the recent operating systems that Redmond offers are just plain over bloated garbage.

OP
D

dfb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 inch. 2.4ghz
PCs are Great if one wants to do constant upgrades due to a bloated OS and upgrading Video Cards and memory and CPUs and "Format C:\S" and chkdsk and dir and ..... and.... and...... Darn... LOVE MY IMAC.... Why???? the darn thing is like my refrigerator, it just works, I don't have to change something because I put a different cut of meat in the ice box, or went to brown Jumbo Eggs... I don't have to Put the hinges on the otherside because I bought Whole Milk.... At my office, my boss switched to Apple, and 3 other guys in the office beside myself also switched.. PCs running Microsoft are like a FOXY GIRLFRIEND.... they just have too many issues!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
PCs are Great if one wants to do constant upgrades due to a bloated OS and upgrading Video Cards and memory and CPUs and "Format C:\S" and chkdsk and dir and ..... and.... and...... Darn... LOVE MY IMAC.... Why???? the darn thing is like my refrigerator, it just works, I don't have to change something because I put a different cut of meat in the ice box, or went to brown Jumbo Eggs... I don't have to Put the hinges on the otherside because I bought Whole Milk.... At my office, my boss switched to Apple, and 3 other guys in the office beside myself also switched.. PCs running Microsoft are like a FOXY GIRLFRIEND.... they just have too many issues!!
Well said! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
To each his own, I love XP and loved it since it came out, but also like my macbook because it is easy to use and I like the ilife programs. Every homebuilt computer i ever had ran great with xp and cost half as much as my macbook. Like I said it is personal preference as to what you use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.