iPhoto HELP

Reaction score
Somehow I managed to send my iPhoto application to my trash and now it will not open from my toolbar. All my photos seem to be available from iPhoto Library but they are not categorised correctly.

I tried to download another version from Apple website but I get n error message upon installation "You cannot install iPhoto Update 6.0.4 on this volume. An eligible iPhoto application was not found in the location /Applications/iPhoto.app."

Can someone help and advise what to do. I have hundreds of Photos in iPhoto and need to access them urgently.

Many thanks

dbread007

Reaction score
The reason it is not letting you download iPhoto is because you do not have it installed.

Have you emptied the trash?

If you haven't cut it from the trash and paste it into Macintosh HD / Applications.

If you have then find your iPhoto library select it, go to the "cog" type menu (sorry forgot proper name) and select Show Package Contents. Copy all of the images out of there and download something like Picasa and use that. I know it isn't ideal but Apple will not let you downgrade from something that isn't on your Mac.

I hope this helps.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks RobertC for our quick reply.

Yes I deleted it from Trash. I thought it was simply a shortcut and so made a big error there.

an you expand on the "cog" thing you mentioned and explain in a bit more detail where to find 'show packet contents'.

So I can never use iPhoto again, is this right?

Can I use Picasa to remove Red Eye and do other cool stuff iPhoto did.

Sorry I am new to MAC and still trying to get my head around all this.

Cheers

dbread007

Reaction score
Look at the attached image. It will show you what I was trying to explain. After selecting iPhoto Library from Pictures, click on the menu shown and select show package contents.

From there you will need to copy all of the files out.

You will not be able to use iPhoto again, unless you buy a new iLife suite I'm afraid. Items in Applications are the actual application (.app) file.

Also sorry but I assumed Picasa was Mac compatible but it isn't (I've used it on Linux):eek:.

There are some online tools that will let you do the job like Photoshop Express. Or there is JetPhoto or for more advanced editing, GIMP.

leopard-finder.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
That isn't entirely true about not being able to use iPhoto again. If you bought your mac new, and still have the install discs...you should be able to reinstall the iLife suite from there I believe.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Reaction score
Sorry if I was wrong about that. I made the assumption that iLife was preinstalled rather than part of the OS X install disks. Sorry about that.:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.