how to turn off apple light on back of display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Fairly new Macbook. Can someone give me a tip on how to dim and/or turn off the Apple logo on the back of the display?

Thanks,
charlie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Sure, turn off the monitor. ;D Sorry, it's lit by the monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Cover it up with some sharpie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Or white out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Black apple sticker...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Sorry, but the apple logo is lit by the back light of the monitor.. .there is no way to turn it off with out turning the monitor off, so if it bothers you the best thing to do is put a dark sticker over it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
why get rid of the glowing apple!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Yea, why would you want to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
i love the apple glow it's so distinctive!

Reaction score
No kidding, why cover it up or get rid of it? It's the whole reason I bought a Mac. Now I look cool in meetings... with the exception of those few XPS and Alienware guys. I still think my Apple logo looks cooler though. Aliens... phft.

:D

Reaction score
Too true, i think the light is great. It sets you apart from everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
It does seem odd to want to eliminate it. I think it's cool to have that bright white apple glowing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Considering you don't often see it lit up cos you're facing the other side when you're using it I do find it a little odd that it could bother anyone enough to want to get rid of it.

OP
W
Reaction score
I do not personally mind it. We just barely got the opportunity to use Macs. The CEO and CTO are not huge fans but they support us geeks. However, when you're sitting at a table with the customers and the CTO, the customer is distracted by it, then that is not a good thing for me and some of my coworkers. Right or wrong, the less attention I bring to the fact that I am the only one sitting at the table with a Mac book, the better. Else, no more Macs at work.

I'll probably end up going with the sticker option. Thanks y'all.

Reaction score
Stealthy

I can think of a few agencies that would rather a bright apple not be facing away from them at discreet times....but I'm sure them probably just put electrical tape over it and a black out case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
You might check out some sticker templates that were made for the MSI Wind U100 "macbook nano" mods. Google " macbook nano sticker " you'll find them on the first 4 results. You can download the templates and print them out on sticker paper. I believe they are proportionate to the actual Apple logo.

You might also check out some of the old Apple stickers, I believe they are about the same size as the lid logo.

You might also check out eee Mac journey - I know the owner, he sells pre-cut stickers that are 1.5'' vinyl. They are free, just pay shipping. You can find them on the left side of the site if you scroll down a bit. They should cover most of the apple logo. Might be another option for you.

Reaction score
dude If just that light is distracting them they got some issues, cause it doesnt even flash or anything. I love it, heck sometimes i just stare at it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 MacPros, 1 MacBook Pro
I do not personally mind it. We just barely got the opportunity to use Macs. The CEO and CTO are not huge fans but they support us geeks. However, when you're sitting at a table with the customers and the CTO, the customer is distracted by it, then that is not a good thing for me and some of my coworkers. Right or wrong, the less attention I bring to the fact that I am the only one sitting at the table with a Mac book, the better. Else, no more Macs at work.

I'll probably end up going with the sticker option. Thanks y'all.

LOL, sounds like you work for Microsoft :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.