Upgrading from a MacBook to a MacBook Pro Question!

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

So I just ordered a Macbook Pro 2.5ghz online, to upgrade my macbook 2.2

My question is the following.

My macbook has a 320gb hard drive I bought a few months ago, my macbook pro has a 250 gb hard drive... I wanted to know if making a swap of hard drives was possible or if it would corrupt the OS some how.

They are both running leopard.

If that's not possible, how can I go about cloning the Hard Drive or any other way so I don't have to reinstall all my apps and reorganize all my documents?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Removing the hard drive is both difficult and warranty-voiding. If there's an Apple store near you they can help you out.

OP
X
Reaction score
Since when?

At least in the macbook it's easy and does not void the warranty :p

Reaction score
ex hd

if you have an External Hard drive just make a Back up of your Macbook and then Plug your external Hard drive in your Macbook-pro and Migrate it;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Since when?

At least in the macbook it's easy and does not void the warranty :p

The hard drive is indeed user-upgradeable on the standard MacBook. Not so with the MacBook Pro, where it is mounted within the case and can only be accessed by completely disassembling the palmrest/keyboard/bezel area.

As far as the warranty goes, there are no intrusion detection measures on the MacBook Pro. So, providing that you do no damage during the upgrade process, your warranty will remain intact, although I would recommend installing the old drive should you ever need to take the machine in for service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 4GB, 250GB HDD-2.53C2D
Hello Guys,

So I just ordered a Macbook Pro 2.5ghz online, to upgrade my macbook 2.2

My question is the following.

My macbook has a 320gb hard drive I bought a few months ago, my macbook pro has a 250 gb hard drive... I wanted to know if making a swap of hard drives was possible or if it would corrupt the OS some how.

They are both running leopard.

If that's not possible, how can I go about cloning the Hard Drive or any other way so I don't have to reinstall all my apps and reorganize all my documents?

Thanks!

dude
use time machine and it backs up everything and then u can use ure new hard drive
and it does not violate the apple policy
was with apple till last week , moving on to google
there are many posts and videos online for removing ure hard drive and it should not be a problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.