10.3.6 & VPC 7 Win XP Pro

H

hoov

I duely updated my system software to 10.3.6 and of course everything went fine, thanx Apple!

But, and I mean BUT! Starting VPC7 with XP Pro (It's the full version of VPC & XP Pro, I haven't installed my own version, even though I own XP Home a Danish copy, perhaps I should try.......!) startled me something silly! And I don't just mean because I saw Windoze on my Mac, no I'm used to that! Something has happened to the sound, it has become extremley LOUD. Normally I run the Mac full power, my Logitech 2.1 speakers about halfway, and XP full power, and everythings ok. But now I've had to turn down the XP sound controls to well under halfway, otherwise I get blown off my office chair!!!!! It's so loud that it distorts. With VPC in window mode (I normally run it in full screen) I though something in the Mac trash, and again got blown away, beacause the sound was also very loud, but after closing XP/VPC everything returned to normal. What gives, anyone any ideas??

If anyone is experiencing the same problem I'd like to hear about it.

I've tried wading through MS's homepage trying to find an e-mail adresse I could write to, to ask THEM about the problem, but alas, it's like trying to find the proverbial needle in BG's haystack!

Regards
HOOV

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.