Itunes and Song Naming....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Hey guys,

I have begun to play with my ibook more extensively and uploaded a few of my cd's at work through itunes. i unforunately did not have any internet access so the names of the songs and cd's were not automatically detected. i assumed that the names could appear later on when i came home and connected itunes to the internet. is there a way to get the names of the songs automatically detected b/c i have quite a bit of music that will have to be named manually and you know what i mean when i don't want 2 have to do that.

Advice please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
well, before importing from the cd into itunes, you can insert the cd, select it, go to advanced and click submit cd track names, this allows you to give the album/artist etc, but then youd still have to name the songs, or when you get hooked to the internet, select the songs you need named, and click advanced, then get track names and it should query the cddb and automatically name the tracks for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Highlight an album. Go to Advanced and get CD Track names that will get the track names for the album....You can't do all of the albums at once but it will get all the info for each album

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Thanks A BUNCH!!

Followed the tips and it is working well. i was kinda peeved about the thought of having to upload everything again just to get the names. :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.