I deleted Mail! :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver
Hi all

I recently decided that i wasn't ever going to use Apple Mail, so i deleted it.
I now realize how wrong i was, as i really need Mail back!

Does anyone know where I can get it from for free??

Thanks a lot

Zacariem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
Did you buy your computer new? It is part of your OS installation disk.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver
Yes I bought it new. It came with my OS installation disk.

oh and i have just discovered. the mail application is still their, as are the Mail files and Folders, but the application icon is missing, and mail won't open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
Is the Mail icon still in the Applications folder? If so simply drag it down to the dock.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no the mail icon isn't anywhere on my computer. I've browsed through different folders and through the library, and I've searched for it with spotlight and quicksilver but it's nowhere to be found :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Trash all that remains of Mail, and do a clean install of Mail using a utility such as Pacifist which allows you to install part of the Operating System from the install DVD. It is $20 shareware but that may be cheap if you do not wish to do a clean install.

Here is the link to the program:-

http://www.charlessoft.com/

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah that looks interesting, I'll look into that, thanks.
Mozilla Thunderbird has just caught my eye though....

But I'll see how it goes....

Thanks a lot!

Zacariem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
take to ur apple store

Reaction score
Apple Stores are few and far between unfortunately (perhaps one reason they are always packed). Of course the popularity of Apple now being another reason. We have about 300,00+ people in our area and Apple would do SO well here. Wonder if they are listening, lol.

I'm having a problem regarding mac mail (thanks to Time Warner) and it would take the entire day to get to one and back, not to mention lugging along a 20" iMac. In fact, I've been researching Thunderbird and will ask my questions in a new thread. I did a search and this is one of the threads that came up. Tired of searching, time to post.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.