Those of you who bought your ibook from Amazon

C

crispeto

Have you received your ibook yet? If so, how long did it take from order date to receive date? Has anyone's shipped? Thanks

OP
R

RJScott2005

Sort of on topic...

crispeto said:
Have you received your ibook yet? If so, how long did it take from order date to receive date? Has anyone's shipped? Thanks

I purchased my iBook from Amazon in December of 2002 and it took about 5 days to arrive; but that's not exactly what I wanted to let you know...
I eventually had the infamous screen failure and had to return my iBook to Apple for warranty service. I had registered my iBook online with Apple the day it arrived at my front door however when I called Apple for the shipping instructions they had no record of the purchase and told me that I would have to supply them with the original paperwork that came with the iBook from Amazon. So make sure you keep that paperwork.
They then informed me that Amazon, as well as other resellers, actually register the Apple products when they purchase them from Apple. What this means is that your warranty is 1 year from the date that Amazon purchased the product from Apple, not 1 year from when you purchased the product from Amazon. Keep that in mind.
Okay that's all I wanted to let you know.
Take it easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.