Internal RAID 1 SATA Drives Disappeared

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro quad-core 2.66gHz, Leopard, 9gb RAM, one 250gb, two 500gb and three 1tb internal SATA drives
A few days ago, one of my two internal SATA RAID 1 (mirrored) sets no longer showed on the desktop or in the Finder Sidebar. Yesterday, the other internal SATA RAID set disappeared from desktop and sidebar. The two other internal non-RAID SATA drives show up as do two external drives. All internal and external hard drives still show under Disk Utility and Photoshop Bridge CS3.

I checked Finder Preferences and boxes are checked to show internal and external drives on the desktop and sidebar. I looked at the drive detail under Disk Utility and nothing looks wrong with the two RAID sets except maybe the PADLOCK icons appear as locked but ON-LINE. I didn't remember those padlocks being "closed" indicating "locked". I unmounted one RAID set and re-mounted without any change. I tried unchecking the two preference boxes to not show the drives and rebooted, rechecking the boxes and rebooting and nothing changed on the desktop or sidebar.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this? I don't know how to open the padlocks. It should be obvious but I don't see it. Could someone tell me please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I think the lock just means those are the HDs that are put together in the RAID set you made.

I don't know how to fix your problem though. Sorry :(

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro quad-core 2.66gHz, Leopard, 9gb RAM, one 250gb, two 500gb and three 1tb internal SATA drives
It's like a disease

I haven't been able to get my two internal RAID sets back on Desktop and Finder yet.

It's getting worse as the days go by. Yesterday THREE MORE drives disappeared... one internal drive and two partitions on two external drives. That's odd because the other partitions on these external drives are still visible on Desktop and Finder. The only internal drive that I can see now is the Macintosh HD boot drive.

So now there are SEVEN drives that I can't see except through Photoshop Bridge CS3. Any of your suggestions will be appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.