Moving on up, moving on up to the Mac side!

Reaction score
I'm spending my last moments with my Windows based computer. She's had a good run, but like an elderly person, she's getting old and it needs to be dumped somewhere to never be seen again.

So, tonight my mum will pick up my brand new 2.4GHz 20" iMac! As you'd expect, I'm very excited and I can't wait until she gets home!

I decided to make the switch to OS X, because I've used Windows my whole life and I felt like I needed a change. My friend bought an iMac a few years back and I had a fiddle around with it, I did some reading up and decided that I would one day own an iMac and now that day has come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Awesome! Congratulations. Is it one of the newly released iMacs? I haven't had a chance to check them out in the apple store yet but im hoping to soon. Let us all know how it is! I just made the switch not long ago too and I'm loving mac OS. Just remember, its a different OS, things will be different. But in the longer run, in my opinion, different is much, much better

OP
Jackington
Reaction score
Is it one of the newly released iMacs?

I was going to go for a newly released one, but the mid/late '07 model is a whole lot cheaper. There shouldn't be a huge difference between the two, so I'm not fussed at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
nice well either way, they are awesome machines! And yeah, sometimes money just isn't worth it. Plus, there probably isn't much difference between yours and the new ones. Congrats!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Yeah there really isn't much difference. Nice decision on getting a Mac, you'll love it ;) Just like I love mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Welcome to the mac world !
Let's make South Australia Mac !

Reaction score
I have an the previous 20" 2.0ghz model (got early March) and am not the least bit put off by the new refresh. Small bumps in processor speed in my opinion are a non-factor. Even 2.0 vs 2.4ghz, thats only the difference of 400mhz, not likely you are going to notice much difference at all.

This is my 2nd Mac, first was a mini I got about 2yrs ago. After years spent on a Windows machine Macs certainly take some getting use to, but Im glad I ended up buying one and giving Apple a chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Call me an idiot but i have to ask this question.

I have seen imac's unboxing and stuff like that but i have never seen a tower anywhere around. Does the iMAC fit the whole PC tower into that monitor?

So my questions, is iMac tower less ? At times i have also noticed in the apple store that, the genius hooks up the monitor to power outlook and fixes the keyboard and mouse and they are up and running, i never saw a tower.

Btw congratulations dude

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Call me an idiot but i have to ask this question.

I have seen imac's unboxing and stuff like that but i have never seen a tower anywhere around. Does the iMAC fit the whole PC tower into that monitor?

So my questions, is iMac tower less ? At times i have also noticed in the apple store that, the genius hooks up the monitor to power outlook and fixes the keyboard and mouse and they are up and running, i never saw a tower.

Btw congratulations dude

Yes. All the iMac "pieces" are what appears to be on the inside / backside of the monitor. The iMac is an all in one PC and monitor solution. Cool stuff huh. ;D Great machine, I highly recommend it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.