Which Mac??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram, 120HD Leopard // Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8Gb
Ok So I have a Extremely Low budget but i want a mac so much.

I only want it for minor video editing,watching dvds and surfing the web.

My Budget is £300 (sterling) which is $591.57 (to be exact XD).

I was thinking a powerbook Running tiger.

What do you guys reckon??

Reaction score
I highly recommend a Powerbook G4. you can order ones around your budget at a website called 'Wegener Media'. I have found that they have really good prices (but there may be others out there).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I would say save up for a little bit longer and then buy a MacBook, the recently out-phased model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
save up for awhile its worth it

Reaction score
the new Macbook have come out and now all of the older mac have gone down in price right now would be a great time to buy an older macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
For that kind of money you may be able to get a used iMac G5. Great thing is, it has more horsepower than the PBG4 and also comes with the monitor.

With patience you might find an early iMac with Intel in it, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to appear. That would be a rare deal.

If you really want a laptop, then yes, a Powerbook G4 will be fine for your purposes. You would be limited to iMovie HD since iMovie 08 doesn't run on a G4, but that is a great program for light video work.

Check craigslist.org or other appropriate local media for figuring local prices. I did find one entry on craigslist where someone is claiming to sell a Macbook Pro for £143 in Manchester!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.