Bios battery or something else?

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering whats inside of my macbook and also wanted to clean it, after i disassembled it all to parts it took me a week to get cleaning stuff and to clean it. now after i got it back, if I try to start it I can hear fans and it beeps etc .. but screen doesn't show anything. I was wondering if in that week the bios battery run out. or there might be something else ?

Reaction score
I would say that you messed up something by not putting something back together correctly. A trip to the Apple store may be in your near future.

OP
C
Reaction score
well I was using ifixit all the way thought and I am sure I got everything back correctly.
Do you have any ideas how long does macbook pro bios battery holds ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7 2.0 15" Hi-Res 8gb RAM, 500GB / 32GB iPhone 4. Apple TV 2G++++
try re seating your RAM, it is worth a try as well as SMC as recommend. Resetting PRAM it also a quick try Command + Option + P +R and hold for 4-5 chimes?

Do you hear the normal chime?

OP
C
Reaction score
Cheers for help

I tryed to reseting SMC but didnt really help.
I will try the reseating my ram this evening.

I was also wondering about LED, it shines in very medium light. can this mean enything ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7 2.0 15" Hi-Res 8gb RAM, 500GB / 32GB iPhone 4. Apple TV 2G++++
I work for an authorised apple repair centre. if you want, you can send me your serial number though a private message, I can take a look at the service manual.

If the led stays solid, it could suggest a ram issue. It could be badly seated ram, the ram has gone bad or the ram banks have failed.

What beeps does it do, long, short, mixture, a pattern? Any info you can tell me, can help me diagnose the problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.