Sim card - contacts?

Reaction score
Hey all - got my iphone this morning, so have had a quick play and downloaded the pdf manual.

I've put my sim in - but no contacts that are stored on the sim have come up - is there something obv. I need to do - as I'm assuming like other phones it just recognise the data already on the sim.

If anyone can shed any light I'd be very grateful - otherwise no idea how I'll transfer my contacts to my new phone otherwise!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The iPhone doesn't support that feature directly. The idea behind it is you are supposed to have the contacts on your computer (Address Book on OS X, Outlook in Windows) and you sync through iTunes.

BUT! You are in luck... there is a 3rd-party solution. This does require jailbreaking (i.e. "hacking") the iPhone.

There's one other way. Take the SIM card to an AT&T store and they will pull the list off for you and put it on a thumb drive (bring your own, or buy one from them). Further instructions here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.