New Ibook owner - where does my ram go?

C

crispeto

Just ordered my new ibook with 1.2 ghz and cdrw and wifi. Got a great deal for $819. Where do I put my ram I purchased separately? Do I need to take it to the Apple store or can I put it in myself? Thanks for your help.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

You can do it yourself. There are instructions on the Apple site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
crispeto said:
Just ordered my new ibook with 1.2 ghz and cdrw and wifi. Got a great deal for $819. Where do I put my ram I purchased separately? Do I need to take it to the Apple store or can I put it in myself? Thanks for your help.

There are also instructions and diagrams in your owners manual, and if you type "install memory" into Mac Help in your Menu bar, you'll find instructions and diagrams there as well.

OP
S

suhasG

From where are you getting this for $819?

I am getting 12" 1.2 G 256Mb, 30 GB, wifi from www.amazon for $849.

Please let me know ASAP, my iBook is not shipped yet so I can still cancel the order.

SuhasG

Reaction score
suhasG said:
From where are you getting this for $819?

I am getting 12" 1.2 G 256Mb, 30 GB, wifi from www.amazon for $849.

Please let me know ASAP, my iBook is not shipped yet so I can still cancel the order.

SuhasG

How did you get it so cheap?

edit: I see now, there is a $150 MIR.

That is a good deal.

OP
C

crispeto

I got it from Amazon with the rebate and then applied for their amazon visa and got an additional $30 discount.

OP
C

code777

i was under the impression that when you order from amazon there is a month wait? Also thought they had the older version of the iBook. That's why i went to the Apple Store down the street from me and said the heck with saving money. I wanted it NOW!

OP
M

mangoSharingan

OMG, $849 is still cheap man! That is in US Dollars right? The cheapest iBook I can get in the UK is the 1.2Ghz 12" model which costs £700 (with Education discount), which is roughly $1,297.38!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I was leery when I bought my ibook off Ebay. But I asked this seller TONS!! of questions.
It's a 12" G3 800mhz with 256 (planning to add more). I paid 741 for it! Sweet! The seller put it up for bid twice but no one was hitting her reserve price so I nudged her into selling it to me anyway (since I was the highest bidder).
All I can say is that I havent' had any problems with it, runs great, cosmetically it's a little rough around the edges but the screen is perfect, etc. I say I got an awesome deal.
:girl:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.