App for Streaming any FM station?

Reaction score
Greetings all. I am looking for an application that lets me enter in the frequency of an FM station and listen to it via the web. The station i'm looking for has a streaming option, but sometimes iTunes can't connect. They are local and probably don't have a lot of bandwidth... so sometimes i can't stream them. Is there an application that will let me choose the call letters and frequency (like 105.3) and location, and act as an antenna... then let me stream the audio? Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Have you tried www.live365.com? They have a lot of free radio stations you can access on the Internet. You may find the one you are trying to listen to via iTunes.

I'm not to familiar with any apps on the Mac that you could try.

<><

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
i don know, i'd think the mac would need sum sort of antenna... then a decoder/app...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
hey are local and probably don't have a lot of bandwidth... so sometimes i can't stream them.

If they can't get the stream to you over the internet, then how is an app going to help? :)

That's usually the issue with web streaming: Bandwidth is expensive, so it's often limited.

The Radioshark might be an interesting non-internet alternative though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.