Messenger Mac 7.00 released today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
It has added support for Bonjour but still lacks webcam support. Typical MS......

I really wish Trillian Astra was available now. Trillian Astra

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I'm really disappointed that there is no A/V chat. Or offline messages.... MS dropped the ball again.

OP
hndcvcboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
Supposedly there will be an update at some time in the future that will add A/V support but I wouldn't hold my breath. As for Trillian, I wouldn't hold my breath for them either. I purchased Trillian for the PC years ago and never got any new releases after 3.1 if I remember correctly. That company is SLOOOOOOOOW to release anything new but they are good at teasing us with Astra pics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Use Skype instead. It is an excellent cross platform A/V chat program.

Reaction score
I really wish MSN Messenger would have Audio/Video capabilities, but I don't look for that to happen anytime soon. Besides Skype you can also use Yahoo Messenger for Mac which includes webcam capabilities. Here is the link for all those interested: http://messenger.yahoo.com/mac.php

Note to MSN: Hurry up and get A/V on the Messenger for Mac soon :)

<><

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
I hope Adium and Purplelib add A/V support, adium is awesome. never want to use microsoft mess. ever...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Microsoft always seems to give their Mac apps have hearted features.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Sigh, it still doesn't have A/V support? I'm really disappointed MS...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
yea...its still not up to the mark...ive been waiting for trillian astra too...i signed up for the beta program but i guess they dont take 2 many candidates...still waiting...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Just use aMSN for your Windows Live Messenger video chat needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
There's one good? thing though, you can now chat to people while 'offline'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Unfortunately, aMSN's video capabilities doesn't always work. There seems to be a well documented issue with aMSN in this regard. Sometimes all the other party gets is a video window all blanked out.

It is not in Microsoft's interest to bring up the capabilities of MSN for Macs to the same level as MSN for Windows. To me, it's a waste of time even updating to the newer MSN version. Seems that our hopes for comparable video/audio capabilities rest with Adium or possibly aMSN, if aMSN can correct the issue with video and add audio.

Reaction score
about amsn i downloaded it it works a lot better than the "official msn but… a while ago my contactlist became a tiny line instead of a contact list. any suggestions on what to do? also I have skype but all my freinds have msn :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2015 15", Powerbook G4 17" 2004
I don't see why we can't just have live messenger for mac, why can't they do it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.