• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Today is My 2 Year Anniversary at Mac Forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hey all, I just noticed as I was reading a thread tonight that today is my 2 year anniversary with Mac Forums! Two years ago today I was getting really serious about switching, had sought out a Mac forum and had found and joined Mac Forums. I posted a bunch of really newbie questions, got kind, thoughtful and generous answers and thought "hey, this place is OK". I have been here ever since!

Here's hoping that all of today's first time visitors receive as warm and gracious a welcome as I did two years ago today. Welcome everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
So, you thinking about that 24" 3.06GHz iMac now? :) Sounds quite tempting if Apple still uses that same LCD panel.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Congrats on 2 years here Mac57! Time sure goes fast. I remember when you first joined.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
W00t mac57!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Congratulations, you bring a lot of life and happiness to these forums. I've been here for about a year and 1/2. I love every second, even if I get banned or punished for using naughty language *smacks hand and does that tsk tsk thing* :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Congratulations mac57:)

Reaction score
Two years and 4,000 posts! You have been busy. If memory serves me correct don't you get a free iPhone for the 2nd year? ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
The first rule of MFRewards club: We don't talk about MFRewards club.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Thanks everyone, it has been a great two years here. Yes Papa, it does appear that I have been busy doesn't it? Over 2000 posts per year. That is amazing when you think about it. However, MHC has me beat by the proverbial "country mile". I am not even in the same league.

[...segues to scene from Saturday Night, Wayne's World...]

I am not worthy, I am not worthy!!!

[...returns to the real world...]

:D

Anyway, it has been two years with my PowerMac G5 too, and in the next few days, I am going to replace it with the new 3.06 GHz iMac. I am looking forward to that. My kids are too - they can't wait to get their hands on the G5! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.