Just bought the new Mac... Have ?

dfb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 inch. 2.4ghz
Hi gang, Yesterday, Monday, The new Imacs came out. So I went to BB and Bought the 24 inch, with the 2.8 processor, 2 gigs of Ram, and the ATI 2600 Pro... I asked this on the previous model that I had and it was within the 15 days trade in period.. Will this machine do games well.. Some one here asked what kind of games???? Chess??? No, Like Flight Simulators (Windows Or Mac)... Maybe Quake... thanks in advance.. Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Wow! The new iMacs are in the retail channel already? That is amazing. I thought that it would take weeks for that to occur. I may have to go check out my local Best Buy and my local Apple store and see if they are there.

OP
D

dfb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 inch. 2.4ghz
They came out Monday... BB said they got alot of them in...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I believe it will run them Okay, I'm not too experienced but as long as the settings aren't cranked way up you should be good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
You should be able to play Crysis at full just fine*

*If you do in fact try this, keep a fire-extinguisher handy and don't sue me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Heh heh heh, I would also suggest some plexiglass shields and what the heck why don't you kill two birds with one stone and get bill gates to come and "Watch" when he'll really just get taken down by the explosion of the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
If you where interested in gaming, you should have ordered a custom iMac from apple with the 8800GS video. It's not top of the like, but it's 2-3 times faster than the ATI card in 3D games and apps. It's a $200 upgrade, and only available on the new 24" models

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Does anyone know if it will be possible to upgrade the previous 24" iMac to the spec of the newest one? I.e. taking my iMac apart and putting in the 8800!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
Does anyone know if it will be possible to upgrade the previous 24" iMac to the spec of the newest one? I.e. taking my iMac apart and putting in the 8800!

Probarly not since the iMac's are built like Laptops. But im not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Probarly not since the iMac's are built like Laptops. But im not sure.

Well it would be an apple store job for sure, but I'd like to think an upgrade was possible :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
Well it would be an apple store job for sure, but I'd like to think an upgrade was possible :Smirk:

It's a laptop video card, so it's almost certain that it's soldered on the system and non upgradable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.