IS there a "user guide" available to help install XP, Mac OSX & Linux on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a spare PC on which I intend to install Windows XP Mac OSX 10, & Ubuntu 8. The purpose of this exercise is to give me a working Windows machine that I can boot into Linux & OSX to familiarise myself with them for networking & troubleshooting purposes, with the long term aim of moving away from Windows for good.

I have partition Magic so formatting & partitioning the drive from another PC will be straightforward if it needs to be done in advance. Question is: What order do I perform the installs & when do I install a boot loader? I assume that this question has been covered before, probably more than a few times, but I'm new to the Mac-forum & can't find what I'm looking for.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards, Al.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You can't install OS X on a non-Apple computer. It's against the EULA and, and against the rules of this forum to discuss it.

Installing Windows shouldn't be much more difficult than popping in the CD and booting from it, then follow the instructions. You might want to format the entire drive in the process to clean it up. I don't know anything about Linux, so maybe someone else can answer that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
just so you know it is against EULA to install a mac operating system on a non apple computer so you will probably not get that question answered here

i have never installed ubuntu so i am not familiar with how to install it.

edit: fleurya you be me to posting about EULA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.