Altec FX6021

D

dziner

Luckily, I was given a set of Altec FX6021 from my friend at work. I saw these in the Apple store and thought they looked very nice. So I finally had a chance to try them out. WOW... these speakers kick butt! $300 is a bit steep for a 2.1 speaker system (if you had to pay for them, which I didn't) but the quality of the drivers used in this system are superb! The wireless remote is nice too. Right now the speakers are located beside my monitor but I plan on wall mounting the speakers as soon as I get some screws that fit.

Speaking of wall mounting. In the manual that came with the speakers it reads that the speakers can be wall mounted using a "universal mounting kit". Well, I couldn't find any info on this "universal" kit so I asked one of the people I work with (I work for an electronics distributor). He pointed me over to Monster Cable which has the Monster Mounts. $100 to mount speakers on the wall is just rediculous if you ask me. Even if you can swivel them. I'll settle for $1 or $2 in screws.

I really wanted to listen to the Logitech Z680s due to the optical audio connection but haven't seen them anywhere. I'm curious to how much of a difference the optical audio makes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.