Beats N Loops 4 Muzik

Reaction score
Im an artist, trying to create my own music (beats, loops,....etc) but I wanted 2 know what is the best or most widely used music software for mac, that is easy to use but has great quality, any suggestions ??

Your help N advice is greatly appreciated !!

Reaction score
Start of messing around with garageband, and perhaps move on to Reason or Frooty Loops, and if you get a lot more serious, then Logic or Ableton Live.
Garageband is the only free one, good music programs are generally quite expensive.

I assume i'm not allowed to reccomend pirate/cracked software on these forums?

^ If that is the case then the pirates are all very bad and will come and steal your soul.
Or something.

=D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.66, 1 Gig Ram, 2 x 250GB HDD, 1 500GB HDD---Black MB 2.0 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 320GB HDD
Garageband is a good program if your just messing around with loops. If you wanna upgrade, I would recommend soundtrack(because it has a loop editor where you can make your own loops) or Ableton Live.

OP
D
Reaction score
I 4got to mention that i have already worked with Garageband and while it has an ease of use, it just doesnt create or have the standards that I am looking for...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.66, 1 Gig Ram, 2 x 250GB HDD, 1 500GB HDD---Black MB 2.0 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 320GB HDD
OP
D
Reaction score
Ableton Live & Reason seem too complicated, and I dont think there is a Fruity Loops for Mac, and soundtrack doesnt seem to fit me, is there anything else that I can try ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM
so GB is too simple but Ableton is too complicated? Hmmm sounds like you want something that is actually going to do the work for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
so GB is too simple but Ableton is too complicated? Hmmm sounds like you want something that is actually going to do the work for you.

Really. I was going to say Logic but it can be one complicated SOB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
ableton is the only way to go IMHO... If it's too complicated for you the I don't know how you are going to create something to "the standards you are looking for"...

If you take a couple of hours to go through the tutorials and watch some youtube videos you'll catch on pretty quick.

Reaction score
try reason.....then rewire it to ableton. no matter what you chose, there's a pretty big learning curve if you're looking to produce quality, original music and are new to the home studio genre.

your mac is an awesome tool, but it cant do all the work for you......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.