Dreamweaver Help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Hi guys,

Currently having this problem with my dreamweaver CS3.

I was able to see index2.php before. But right now. It just shows this.

picture3kz4.png

I'm not very good with coding and website stuffs. So . I'd appreciate if anyone out here could lend a helping hand! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Could possibly be a broken or unclosed tag. Try going into code view and see if there is any problems - if you don't know what you're looking for, post the code here and we'll check it out.

And you should seriously consider learning to code from scratch using just Textedit or something before you even consider using Dreamweaver...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Is this already on a website we can take a look at? Otherwise, like Leukeh said, if post the code we can take a look.

Reaction score
If we could see the source code it's probably something simple like an unclosed tag.

I would agree with Leukeh in you trying to learn html. It's not that daunting. Even if you just familiarise yourself with it by working in split design/code view you'll get used to how the code works and you'll pick up the basics in no time.. obviously avoiding problems like you're having which are just simple things you will notice while you work.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Here it is. I think. That it might be my settings problem. When I'm using my work computer ( if i'm not wrong Dreamweaver 9 ) . Its fine. I can actually see the index file . But on my CS3 Dreamweaver. I cant see it. It applies for my other files too. Calendar, Events and stock ( Could it be my settings problem? Or did Dw convert my files or something? ) . Also if you guys have like a website with video / text tutorials for learning coding. It'd be great if you could post a link here.

I've also noticed this, could it be that there was a change in the files that made this error?

picture1yx8.png

Anyways, here's the file

Edit - Cant seem to upload textedit up here. It dosent save as .txt file @@.

View attachment Index.doc

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dreamweaver Help

Bump... =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Taking a look now, I'll post back with results =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
[U][I][B]<link href="skatemy" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">[/B][/I][/U]
<link href="skatemy.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Try completely removing the line that I've put in bold/italics/underline. It's only a few lines down from the top so you don't need to look far.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uh.. Same thing. would it be the difference in setting? Previous version I used was Dreamweaver 9 on Windows, on my mac is Dreamweaver CS3 . I suspect it might be the setting. Cause like. For the first few weeks. I did not have problems updating with CS3 .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can't imagine any settings would do that... v9 might overlook something that CS3 doesn't. Try previewing in a browser from both computers and see what happens.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there to change dreamweaver's setting to offline? Currently its online and its asking for a server or something. On my Dreamweaver 9, Its offline. And I'm able to preview the website with no problem. With this there is..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To work offline, you need all the files on your computer... now that you say that, it sounds like you've only got a couple of files on your Mac, whereas you have everything on your PC... could that be right?

If that's wrong, you just need to define where CS3 is reading the data from... tell it where to look.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I normally use the bar on the right to look for the files . Its very convenient. But my settings need to be changed to offline. When I want to preview in safari. It wants me to set up a trial server or something.. @@

Reaction score
The reason it's telling you to set up a testing server (?) might be because you are using .php pages. In order for the PHP to render correctly, it needs a server. Do you have PHP set up on your Mac?

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dont think so.. How can I be sure? Sorry. Not very familiar with Dw

Reaction score
questions on the setup of your web

hello there,

do you have this site defined AS a site in Dreamweaver (with a local and remote, ftp info, etc) on both machines or are you just opening and editing files with DW?

it also sounds as if one of your locations (probably your Mac with the DW CS3) doesnt have all of the php files that you page is calling for.

I'm guessing the site appears fine online though, correct? I took the liberty of creating a page on my site that used absolute links to your (http://www.skateline.com.my/) site, and it looks great

(also in your screenshot you posted, it looked like there was a duplicate </head> tag hanging there, but I didnt see that in your code - I'm assuming you fixed that?)

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do have all the files on my mac.

I'm assuming that my settings are the problem. I've looked very deeply into codes. And noticed that when I change

What I did was , remove the "?"

Removed the "?" in red colours , then at least. the index shows. But then.. Its wrong. All wrong. The index shows under leftbar. and not properly aligned. When I'm in DW9, those show but if I remove them, they'll appear broken in DW9.

Here's what i took out.

<tr>
<td><table width="760" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td>
<?php require("bar_top.php"); ?>

I didnt remove </head> either. There wasnt any extra.

Just so you know. The first time when I used CS3 . It could read everything fine. I could update it a several times on my mac. ( I think my colleague must have played with CS3 and changed its settings ) But I've still got no clue on what settings he changed. Really no clue.. But previously it was fine. I could update on my mac.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Well I'm not a coding or DW expert, I wish I could help you out more, but I do know that the "?"s are a necessity. <?php ... ?> are the tags for php code. Without them a browser won't know how to render the code correctly.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
****.. There has to be something wrong here.. T_______T

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.