start up disks won't reinstall

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a Mac moron and I searched the site to find the answer with no luck. I am receiving a message on a black screen with white text that says dyld:library not loaded....incompatible library version....

I thought I would just repair or reinstall from the start up disks I got with the computer, I couldn't find those so I borrowed a friends. (could this be a problem?) I had 10.4.11 his has 10.4.10 but it says I can not install this software on this computer. I can get to Disk Utility but not much past there.

Is there a way to get past this and fix my iMac especially without losing all my files which were not backed up.

Any help would be great.

Thx Dboy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
For your data you could Firewire Link your friends Mac to yours and mount your hard drive and save your data.
You need to find somebody who has eactly the same mac as you and use their disks (Retail or preinstalled version).

Try reading this:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You got it in one spot on!

System Software discs which are grey colored and good ONLY for the model computer they came with. Either you have to find the original discs or go out and purchase what is known as original install DVD, which is a black colored disc.

This will work on all machines uding OS X.4.

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for the info I'll give it a shot while still digging through all my crap looking for my discs but I don't know how much my friend will trust me with his after messing up my mac

Anyone have any info on the dyld:library not loaded....incompatible library version... part?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Give it a try. Don't think the machine would still recognize the disk however good luck.

OP
D
Reaction score
I found my disks and did an archive and install everything is back to normal no data was lost. Thanks you so much for all the advice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.